CFUnited folks have asked the speakers to answer some questions regarding the conference and post on our blogs, here's my response:
Topic: Leveraging Basic Object Oriented Concepts in ColdFusion - http://cfunited.com/2009/topics/295
1. Have you spoken at CFUnited in the past? What would you tell someone who hasn't been to CFUnited before?
I spoke at CFUnited 2008, and I have attended every year since the CFun days. If you have never been to CFUnited, you are missing out in one of the best chances to trully make your job better in a number of facets. You'll learn from industry experts on the latest ColdFusion and Flex/Air trends, not only this gives you the power to build better apps but makes you more marketable when looking for a new job. You'll have a chance to meet and network with a great number of people who's day to day experiences are similar to your own, this is a huge resource when you stumble on a problem or if you are also looking for talent to help in your projects. The Expo hall is a great chance to checkout what products and services are there to make your day to day life easier and help achieve your development goals.
2. Why should people attend your session(s)?
If you are not yet doing Object-Oriented programming because you keep hearing all those buzz words like Singletons, Decorators, and other Design Patterns and can't find an example using ColdFusion to help you understand what they mean, you may want to checkout my "Leveraging Basic Object Oriented and Design Patterns in ColdFusion" session. This session is built to help you break into the OO world with a basic understanding of Design Patterns and how they help solve re-occurring problems.
3. Do you have any projects in the works that you will be revealing at CFUnited?
It's too early to tell...
4. Besides your topic, what other sessions are you looking forward to?
I'm looking forward to seeing some of the Coldbox sessions, more on Flex and AIR development with ColdFusion.
5. Where can people find you at CFUnited? (At the bar, networking, working, in your room, etc.)
AboutWeb booth, sessions, bar, networking, bar, pool, golf course and yes.. the bar!
6. What's the latest news with you? Has anything changed since last CFUnited?
My wife and I are expecting our first child, boy, due July 1st! He may be making his first appearance at CFUnited this year!!!
7. When you are not working what do you like to do in your free time?
Try out new technologies and frameworks, golfing and grilling with family and friends.